Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=VVZgr_AAAAAJ&hl=en
Uky to Present (2019-now)
26. Md Zahid Hasan, Jing Yan, Zhongchao Yi, Madison O. Korfhage, Sheng Tong, Caigang Zhu, Low-cost compact optical spectroscopy and novel spectroscopic algorithm for point-of-care real-time monitoring of nanoparticle delivery in biological tissue models, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 2022, doi: 10.1109/JSTQE.2022.3205862.
25. Ahmed Ali, Shawn Davidson, Ernest Fraenkel, Ian Gilmore, Thomas Hankemeier, Jennifer Kirwan, Andrew N. Lane, Ingela Lanekoff, Miaora Larion, Laura-Isobel McCall, Michael Murphy, Jonathan V. Sweedler, Caigang Zhu, Single cell metabolism-current and future trend, Metabolomics, Oct, 18(10): 77, (2022).
24. Kiran Kumar Solingapuram Sai, Xiaofei Chen, Zhe Li, Caigang Zhu, Kirtikar Shukla, Tom E. Forshaw, Hanzhi Wu, Stephen A. Vance, Megan Madonna, Mark W. Dewhirst, Allen W. Tsang, Leslie B. Poole, Nimmi Ramanujam, S. Bruce King, Cristina M. Furdui, [18F]DCP, First Generation PET Radiotracer for Diagnosis of Radiation Resistant Head and Neck Cancer, Redox Biology, 49, 102218, (2022).
23. Tengfei Sun, and Caigang Zhu, "Empirical method for rapid quantification of intrinsic fluorescence signals of key metabolic probes from optical spectra measured on tissue-mimicking turbid medium," J. Biomed. Opt. 26(4), 045001 (2021),
22. Roujia Wang, Daniel A. Alvarez, Brian T. Crouch, Aditi Pilani, Christopher Lam, Caigang Zhu, Philip Hughes, David Katz, Timothy Haystead, and Nirmala Ramanujam, "Understanding the sources of errors in ex vivo Hsp90 molecular imaging for rapid-on-site breast cancer diagnosis," Biomed. Opt. Express 12, 2299-2311 (2021)
21. Megan C Madonna, Joy E Duer, Joyce V Lee, Jeremy Williams, Baris Avsaroglu, Caigang Zhu, Riley Deutsch, Roujia Wang, Brian Crouch, Matthew Hirschey, Andrei Goga, Nirmala Ramanujam, In vivo optical metabolic imaging of long-chain fatty acid uptake in orthotopic models of triple negative breast cancer, Cancers 2021, 13(1), 148.
20. Evan Carrico, Tengfei Sun, and Caigang Zhu, "Numerical investigation of depth-sensitive diffuse reflectance and fluorescence measurements on murine subcutaneous tissue with growing solid tumors," Biomed. Opt. Express 11, 6311-6323 (2020)
Prior to UKy (2009-2019)
19. Caigang Zhu, Martin Li, Thomas Vincent, Hannah L. Martin, Brian T. Crouch, Amy F. Martinez, Megan C. Madonna, Gregory M. Palmer, Mark W. Dewhirst, Nimmi Ramanujam, ''Simultaneous optical quantification of key metabolic and vascular endpoints reveals tumor metabolic heterogeneity in murine flank tumor models '', Journal of Biophotonics, 2018, e201800372
17. Megan C. Madonna, Douglas B. Fox, Brian T. Crouch, Jihong Lee, Caigang Zhu, Amy F. Martinez, James V. Alvarez, Nirmala Ramanujam, ''Optical imaging of glucose uptake and mitochondrial membrane potential to characterize Her2 breast tumor metabolic reprogramming'', Molecular Cancer Research, 2019 .
18. [Jin Liu, Caigang Zhu] (Equal contribution), Kexin Xu, ''Scattering-independent glucose absorption measurement using a novel spectrally resolved reflectance setup with specialized variable source-detector separations'', Biomed. Opt. Express 9, 5903-5914 (2018)
16. Caigang Zhu, Hannah L. Martin, Brian T. Crouch, Amy F. Martinez, Martin Li, Gregory M. Palmer, Mark W. Dewhirst, Nimmi Ramanujam, ''Near-simultaneous quantification of glucose uptake, mitochondrial membrane potential, and vascular parameters in murine flank tumors using quantitative diffuse reflectance and fluorescence spectroscopy '', Biomedical Optics Express, Vol. 9 No. 7, 2018.
15. Amy F. Martinez, Samue, S. McCachren III, Marianne Lee, Helen A. Murphy, Caigang Zhu, Hannah L. Martin, Narasimhan Rajaram, Kathleen A. Ashcraft, Andrew N. Fontanella, Mark W. Dewhirst, Nirmala Ramanujam, ''Metaboloptics: In vivo imaging of mitochondrial membrane potential, glucose uptake, and vascular oxygenation enables visualization of the tumor metabolic landscape'', Scientific Reports, 8: 4171. (2018)
14. Caigang Zhu, Amy F. Martinez, Hannah L. Martin, Martin Li, Brian T. Crouch, David Carlson, Timothy A.J. Haystead, Nimmi Ramanujam, ''Near simultaneous intra-vital microscopy of glucose uptake and mitochondrial membrane potential, key endpoints that reflect major metabolic axes in cancer'', Scientific Reports, 7: 13772. (2017)
13. Shuo Chen, Caigang Zhu, Christopher Hoe-Kong Chui, Gyanendra Sheoran, Bien-Keem Tan, and Quan Liu, “Spectral Diffuse Reflectance and Autofluorescence Imaging can perform early prediction of Blood Vessel Occlusion in Skin Flaps”. Journal of Biophotonics, 2017. (Cover paper)
12. Fangyao Hu, Robert Morhard, Helen Murphy, Caigang Zhu, Nimmi Ramanujam, “Dark field optical imaging reveals vascular changes in a spontaneous hamster cheek pouch model for pre-cancer/cancer detection”. Biomed. Opt. Express 7, 3247-3261 (2016)
11. Caigang Zhu, Shuo Chen, Christopher Hoe-Kong Chui, Bien-Keem Tan, and Quan Liu, "Early detection and differentiation of venous and arterial occlusion in skin flaps using visible diffuse reflectance spectroscopy and autofluorescence spectroscopy," Biomed. Opt. Express 7, 570-580 (2016)
10. Malathi Mathiyazhakan, Yuanxiang Yang, Yibo Liu, Caigang Zhu, Q. Liu, Claus Dieter Ohl, Kam Chiu Tam, Yu Gao, Chenjie Xu*, "Non-invasive controlled release from gold nanoparticle integrated photo-responsive liposomes through pulse laser induced microbubble cavitation," Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Volume 126, pp. 569-574 (2015)
9. Shuo Chen , Xiaoqian Lin , Caigang Zhu and Quan Liu "Sequential weighted Wiener estimation for extraction of key tissue parameters in color imaging: a phantom study", Journal of Biomedical Optics 19(12), 127001 (2014).
8. [Ong Yi Hong, Caigang Zhu] (Equal contribution), and Quan. Liu, “Phantom Validation of Monte Carlo Modeling for Non-contact Depth Sensitive Fluorescence Measurements in an Epithelial Tissue Model ", Journal of Biomedical Optics, 19 (8), 085006 (2014).
7. Caigang Zhu, Ong Yi Hong, and Quan. Liu, “Multifocal non-contact color imaging for depth sensitive fluorescence measurements of early epithelial cancer ", Optics Letters, Vol. 39, Issue 11, pp. 3250-3253 (2014).
6. Caigang Zhu, Shuo Chen, Christopher Hoe-Kong Chui, Bien-Keem Tan and Quan. Liu, “Early prediction of skin viability using visible diffuse reflectance spectroscopy and auto-fluorescence spectroscopy", Plastics and reconstructive surgery, Vol.134 (2), pp. 240-247 (2014).
5. Caigang Zhu and Quan Liu, “Review of Monte Carlo modeling of light transport in tissue”, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 18 (5), (2013).
4. Caigang Zhu and Quan. Liu, "Numerical investigation of lens based setup for depth sensitive diffuse reflectance measurements in an epithelial cancer model," Optics Express 20(28), 29807-29822 (2012).
3. Caigang Zhu and Quan Liu, “Hybrid method for fast Monte Carlo simulation of diffuse reflectance from a multi-layered tissue model with tumor-like heterogeneities”, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 17(1), 2012.
2. Caigang Zhu and Quan Liu, “Validity of the semi-infinite tumor model in diffuse reflectance spectroscopy for epithelial cancer diagnosis: a Monte Carlo study”, Optics Express 19, 17799-17812 (2011)
1. Qingguo Xie, C. M. Kao, X. Wang, N. Guo, Caigang Zhu, H. Frisch, W. W. Moses, and C. T. Chen, "Potentials of Digitally Sampling Scintillation Pulses in Timing Determination in PET," IEEE. Trans. Nucl. Sci. 56, 2607-2613 (2009).